Monday, February 8, 2010

Video Reaction

After watching the first twenty minutes of Digital Nation, my first reaction is that two concerns really come to my mind. Just like the students at MIT, I consider myself a multi-tasker while at school. I also am really beginning to question my addiction to new digital media such as my cell phone, computer, and iTouch.

At school, I am never doing work without listening to music, talking to friends, or watching television. I usually considered myself a good multi-tasker since my grades have been somewhat decent over my four years at Marist. However, after watching the video, I realized that multitasking actually hurt the quality of work for the MIT students. This leads me to question whether or not my GPA could have been better during my time at Marist if I didn't multi-task and focused more on my work.

I am also beginning to think about my possible addiction to new digital media. Yesterday, I was at home on Long Island to watch the Super Bowl with friends. I realized I forgot my phone charger at Marist and was unable to text anyone from school the entire night. This not only made me very anxious to get back to school, but I was in a bad mood all night. I am also always on my iTouch browsing the web during class. I could not imagine myself without continuously either texting or browsing the web on my iTouch or computer everyday. I am curious to see how the rest of the video will actually affect my thinking during the time of Digital Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment